What is diabetes? In general, people think of it as “high sugar in the blood.” And it is true. This type of diabetes is called diabetes mellitus. However, there is another, rare form of diabetes, known as diabetes insipidus, which has nothing to do with blood sugar and is a completely different disease.
What is Diabetes insipidus?
Diabetes insipidus is usually due to a tumor/disease in the hypothalamic region in the brain. Blood glucose is normal in these patients. The symptom of diabetes insipidus is excessive thirst and excessive urination.
On the other hand, diabetes mellitus is due to a disease of the pancreas, which results in a high blood glucose level. Markedly elevated blood glucose levels then lead to excessive thirst and excessive urination.
Symptoms of excessive thirst and urination are the only common finding between diabetes insipidus and diabetes mellitus.
What is Diabetes mellitus?
Unfortunately, diabetes mellitus remains un-diagnosed in a large number of patients because it does not cause any symptoms for many years. By the time it is diagnosed, most patients have developed complications.
According to some conservative estimates, at least 30 million Americans are diabetics. Unfortunately, almost half don’t even know they have it. The number of diabetics in the U.S. and around the world continues to increase at an exponential rate.
In general, people are very concerned about cancer, heart disease and cholesterol, but don’t think much about the consequences of diabetes. The advanced complications of diabetes mellitus, quite frankly, make for a miserable quality of life. Patients with advanced complications (such as kidney failure, leg amputation and blindness) often ask why no one warned them diabetes could lead to such a poor quality of life.
For more details, please refer to my book,“Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes Scientifically” , Available at Amazon.com as Paperback, Kindle and Audiobook
Zaidi Vitamins – Dr. Z’s Vitamins
Blog Posts Categories
- cancer (1)
- Complications of Diabetes (9)
- COVID (5)
- Diabetes (5)
- diet (2)
- fatigue (3)
- Long COVID (1)
- magnesium (2)
- Natural Remedies (2)
- Prevention of COVID (1)
- Stress Management (7)
- Thyroid (5)
- Treatment of COVID (1)
- Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (5)
- tsh (1)
- Type 1 diabetes (1)
- Type 2 diabetes (5)
- ulcerative colitis (3)
- Uncategorized (6)
- URDU poems (1)
- Vitamin D (4)
- vitamins (1)
Search Dr.Zaidi’s Articles
Dr. Zaidi’s Vitamins – Free Shipping
- Best Diabetic Multivitamin -Endocrinologist Formulated Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Magnesium Supplements: Health Benefits, Side-effects, Various Types Rated 5.00 out of 5
- 17 Stress and Anxiety Vitamins in One Capsule - Stress Buster Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Vitamin D3 with K2 - A Perfect Combination by Dr. Z's Vitamins Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Methyl B12 and Methyl Folate - ZARY - Chewable Tablets Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Dr. Z's Vitamins - ZINC plus COPPER: Made in USA Rated 5.00 out of 5$19.95
- Six Herbs for Diabetes In One Capsule - Diaherbs Rated 5.00 out of 5
- DHEA by Dr. Z's Vitamins - Highest Quality - Made in USA Rated 5.00 out of 5