How to diagnose Type 1 diabetes vs Type 2? Are there any special tests available for the diagnosis of...
Type 1 diabetes comes with lifelong challenges. That’s why it is important to learn your disease in detail: what really causes it, what are its symptoms, various treatment options, and what other conditions are associated with it. In addition, is there a benefit of Vitamin D and Zinc? Above all, how do you deal with the overwhelming stress of diabetes?
Learn from a leading endocrinologist, Dr. Sarfraz Zaidi, MD, FACE, FACP, a former assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at UCLA. He shares his clinical wisdom based on treating Type 1 diabetics for more than twenty years in his clinical practice.
Dr. Zaidi explains what Type 1 diabetes is, what causes it, and how is it different from Type 2 diabetes.
He also discusses other autoimmune medical conditions you are at risk of when you have Type 1 diabetes. He shares his clinical wisdom on how to calm down the hyped-up immune suystem.
Dr. Zaidi explains the usual symptoms of Type 1 diabetes. He also discusses a life-threatening clinical situation that Type 1 diabetics can develop called diabetic ketoacidosis, also known as DKA.
Dr. Zaidi discusses how to tell whether you have Type 1 diabetes as compared to Type 2 diabetes. He points out various specialized blood tests that can help in confirming the diagnosis if there is any confusion, especially in adults.
Insulin is the main treatment for Type 1 diabetes. Therefore, Dr. Zaidi dives into details of insulin treatment: the various types of insulin, their onset of action, and duration of action. He discusses the option of insulin pens and insulin pumps, pros and cons of each modality. He lays out a plan if choosing an insulin pump: Getting started on an insulin pump, initiating insulin pump doses, and adjusting the doses.
Lastly, he also explains what Symlin is, its mode of action and potential side-effects.
Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) is a serious concern when you are on insulin. Dr. Zaidi discusses various symptoms of hypoglycemia and how to treat them. He also elaborates on Hypoglycemia Unawareness and how to get rid of it.
Symptoms of Type 1 Diabetes Symptoms of Type 1 diabetes are usually different from that of Type 2 diabetes. In...
What is Type 1 diabetes?. In Type 1 diabetes, there is a complete destruction of insulin producing cells (called beta...
Search Dr.Zaidi’s Articles
Blog Posts Categories
- Adrenal (3)
- Complications of Diabetes (9)
- COVID (10)
- Diabetes (9)
- diet (2)
- fatigue (2)
- Graves Disease (3)
- Healthy hair (1)
- Holistic (1)
- Insulin Resistance (1)
- magnesium (2)
- Natural Remedies (2)
- Osteoporosis (2)
- Overactive Thyroid – Hyperthyroidism (4)
- Relaxation Videos and Music (1)
- Stress Relief – Stress Management (12)
- Thyroid (12)
- Type 1 diabetes (3)
- Type 2 diabetes (9)
- ulcerative colitis (3)
- Uncategorized (14)
- Underactive Thyroid – Hypothyroidism (1)
- URDU poems (1)
- Vitamin D (7)
- Vitamins for diabetes (2)
Dr. Zaidi’s Vitamins – Free Shipping
- Best Diabetic Multivitamin -Endocrinologist Formulated Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Magnesium Supplements: Health Benefits, Side-effects, Various Types Rated 5.00 out of 5$28.95
- Vitamin D3 with K2 - A Perfect Combination by Dr. Z's Vitamins Rated 5.00 out of 5
- 17 Stress and Anxiety Vitamins in One Capsule - Stress Buster Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Dr. Z's Vitamins - ZINC plus COPPER: Made in USA Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Methyl B12 and Methyl Folate - ZARY - Chewable Tablets Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Six Herbs for Diabetes In One Capsule - Diaherbs Rated 5.00 out of 5
- DHEA Supplement by Zaidimins - Highest Quality - Made in USA Rated 5.00 out of 5$14.95