Complications of diabetes occur if it is not treated properly. It’s important to understand the possible complications that can arise from your disease (or that may have already arisen) and to understand the further treatment tools available to prevent, stop, or even reverse these complications.
Diabetes can affect almost every part of your body. As a diabetic, you’re at a high risk for a number of complications, regardless of whether you require insulin or not. Don’t be lulled into thinking that Type 2 diabetes — what many consider the “good kind” because you are not on insulin shots — leaves you at any less risk for complications. A major part of taking charge of your diabetes is to understand your risks and learn how you can prevent, manage or even reverse these complications.
Complications of diabetes include:
- Heart disease
- Eye disease, which can lead to blindness
- Poor circulation, which can lead to amputation of feet/legs
- Kidney failure, which can lead to “dialysis”
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Fatty liver, which may lead to cirrhosis
These deadly complications of diabetes develop insidiously over a long period of time. That is why patients often don’t fully comprehend the devastating effects of diabetes until it’s too late. The good news is that my treatment approach can help prevent these horrendous complications. You can also stop and even reverse the downhill course of some of these complications after they have developed. Again, the key is to understand how these diabetes complications develop and how your treatment for diabetes should include measures to stave off these complications.
I have discussed in detail each of these major complications of diabetes in my book, “Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes Scientifically”
Smoking and Diabetes
Diabetics who smoke have a markedly increased risk for developing complications of diabetes. So next time you light up, remember that the smoke is fueling the fire of complications. Read this section, and then take a moment to meditate about the path you are on. Maybe if you truly comprehend what lies ahead on this road, you can find the strength to commit to quit smoking.
Zaidi Vitamins – Dr. Z’s Vitamins
Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Scientifically
Alternative To Nature-Throid, WP Thyroid & NP Thyroid
Blog Posts Categories
Search Dr.Zaidi’s Articles
Dr. Zaidi’s Vitamins – Free Shipping
- Best Diabetic Multivitamin -Endocrinologist Formulated Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Magnesium Supplements: Health Benefits, Side-effects, Various Types Rated 5.00 out of 5
- 17 Stress and Anxiety Vitamins in One Capsule - Stress Buster Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Methyl B12 and Methyl Folate - ZARY - Chewable Tablets Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Vitamin D3 with K2 - A Perfect Combination by Dr. Z's Vitamins Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Dr. Z's Vitamins - ZINC plus COPPER: Made in USA Rated 5.00 out of 5$19.95
- Six Herbs for Diabetes In One Capsule - Diaherbs Rated 5.00 out of 5
- DHEA by Dr. Z's Vitamins - Highest Quality - Made in USA Rated 5.00 out of 5