The Parathyroid Glands are located in the neck just behind the thyroid gland, hence the name parathyroid glands. In most people, there are a total of four parathyroid glands, but some may have three while others may have five.
The function of the parathyroid glands is to regulate calcium and phosphorus metabolism in the body.
Causes of Hypoparathyroidism
The most common cause for Hypoparathyroidism is the surgical removal of the parathyroid glands at the time of thyroid surgery.
Rarely, it can be congenital or acquired as an autoimmune disorder.
Symptoms of Hypoparathyroidism
Hypoparathyroidism results in a low level of blood calcium and a high level of blood phosphorus.
Symptoms are due to the low calcium level and include muscle spasms and twitching.
A severely low calcium level can cause cardiac arrest.
Treatment of Hypoparathyroidism
Treatment of a patient with hypoparathyroidism is with calcium and vitamin D supplementation in high doses.
Close monitoring of calcium and phosphorus is important. You should be under the care of an experienced endocrinologist in this regard.
Dr. Z’s Vitamins – Zaidimins
Get a Discount Coupon
Please write a review on the product that you bought and receive a discount coupon
Blog Posts Categories
- Adrenal (3)
- Complications of Diabetes (9)
- COVID (10)
- Diabetes (9)
- Diabetes Videos (1)
- diet (2)
- Dr. Zaidi's Videos (6)
- fatigue (2)
- Fruits For Type 2 Diabetes (1)
- Graves Disease (3)
- Healthy hair (1)
- Holistic (1)
- Insulin Resistance (1)
- magnesium (2)
- Natural Remedies (2)
- Osteoporosis (2)
- Other Endocrine Disorders (1)
- Overactive Thyroid – Hyperthyroidism (4)
- Relaxation Videos and Music (2)
- Sexuality (1)
- Stress Relief – Stress Management (16)
- Thyroid (12)
- Type 1 Diabetes (3)
- Type 2 Diabetes (10)
- ulcerative colitis (3)
- Uncategorized (17)
- Underactive Thyroid – Hypothyroidism (1)
- URDU poems (1)
- Virtual art gallery (1)
- Vitamin D (8)
- vitamins (1)
- Vitamins for diabetes (2)
Dr. Zaidi’s Vitamins – Zaidimins
- Best Diabetic Multivitamin -Endocrinologist Formulated Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Benefits of Magnesium Supplements, Side-effects, Various Types Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Vitamin D3 with K2 Supplement - Made In USA Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Dr. Z's Vitamins - ZINC plus COPPER: Made in the USA Rated 5.00 out of 5
- 17 Vitamins for Stress and Anxiety in One Capsule - Stress Buster Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Methyl B12 and Methyl Folate in One Tablet- ZARY Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Six Herbs for Diabetes In One Capsule - Diaherbs Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Best Doctor Formulated DHEA Supplement - Made in USA Rated 5.00 out of 5