Symptoms of Type 2 diabetes are minimal to none in the early stages. People mistakenly think that most diabetics suffer from symptoms such as excessive urination and excessive thirst. The fact is that only a minority of diabetics, typically Type 1 diabetics, suffer from these symptoms. Majority of Type 2 diabetics, on the other hand, usually do not have excessive urination or excessive thirst.
Diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes is often an incidental finding:
Most Type 2 diabetics are diagnosed incidentally on blood testing. They may go to see their physician for some unrelated illness or have a routine blood test for their annual check up. Then, they get the news that they have diabetes.
Diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes is sometimes made due to its complication:
Sometimes, you may be having tingling or numbness in your feet , which may turn out to be a manifestation of “diabetic peripheral neuropathy” due to type 2 diabetes.
Sometimes your first symptom may be a heart attack. In the emergency room, you find out that you also have diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes is a manifestation of an underlying disease process, called insulin resistance.
Type 2 Diabetes – A silent Killer
Type 2 diabetes develops insidiously over a long period of time. During this times your blood vessels are narrowing, nerves are under attack and a high level of insulin is causing growth of tissues, benign as well as cancerous. That’s why I like to call it a silent killer. During the early stages, your routine blood sugar is often normal. However, you can get the diagnosis of early diabetes or prediabetes on a special blood test called Oral Glucose Tolerance Test ( OGTT).
Zaidi Vitamins – Dr. Z’s Vitamins
Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Scientifically
Alternative To Nature-Throid, WP Thyroid & NP Thyroid
Blog Posts Categories
Search Dr.Zaidi’s Articles
Dr. Zaidi’s Vitamins – Free Shipping
- Best Diabetic Multivitamin -Endocrinologist Formulated Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Magnesium Supplements: Health Benefits, Side-effects, Various Types Rated 5.00 out of 5
- 17 Stress and Anxiety Vitamins in One Capsule - Stress Buster Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Methyl B12 and Methyl Folate - ZARY - Chewable Tablets Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Vitamin D3 with K2 - A Perfect Combination by Dr. Z's Vitamins Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Dr. Z's Vitamins - ZINC plus COPPER: Made in USA Rated 5.00 out of 5$19.95
- Six Herbs for Diabetes In One Capsule - Diaherbs Rated 5.00 out of 5
- DHEA by Dr. Z's Vitamins - Highest Quality - Made in USA Rated 5.00 out of 5