Stress Buster is a premium blend of stress and anxiety vitamins. It consists of 17 natural ingredients in the optimal amounts. These ingredients are Ashwagandha, Holy Basil, Rhodiola, Bacopa, L. Theanine, Lemon Balm, Passion flower Hawthorne flower, Hops flower, Bioperine, B vitamins, Magnesium and Zinc.
Dr. Z’s Vitamins – Stress Buster
- STRESS BUSTER MAY HELP RELIEF FROM STRESS, FATIGUE AND ANXIETY.*
- STRESS BUSTER IS AN ADAPTOGENIC BLEND: Ashwagandha, Holy Basil, Rhodiola and Bacopa are known Adaptogens – protect your body against stress. Ashwagandha has been used for over 3,000 years to relieve stress, increase energy and improve concentration.* Holy Basil helps with anxiety and stress.* Rhodiola helps to reduce fatigue and ‘burnout’ from stress and anxiety.* Rhodiola and Bacopa appear to increase the levels of serotonin – key hormone for positive mood, sense of well-being and happiness.*
- STRESS BUSTER MAY HELP RELAXATION, FOCUS AND COGNITION: Theanine is a natural amino acid that enhances relaxation, focus, and creativity without sedation. Lemon balm has traditionally been used to improve mood and cognition. Along with Hawthorne it may also help relieve stress and reduce anxiety. *
- Passion flower and Hops flower may help relief from nervousness, irritability and sleep problems.
- B vitamins, along with Magnesium and Zinc are important for energy, brain health and immune system health. Magnesium helps with restful sleep.*
- STRESS BUSTER IS OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY: Dr. Z’s Vitamins prides in delivering the Highest Quality Vitamins and Supplements – Made in the USA at a GMP-Certified and FDA-Registered Facility from globally sourced high quality ingredients.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We Care About Your Experience. So, We Offer Money Back Guarantee! Get Full Refund If You Are Not Satisfied. Simply Return the Product Within 30 Days of the Purchase.
- Free shipping and handling.
Take 2 capsules per day or as recommended by a healthcare professional.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
Herbs and Vitamins for Stress and Anxiety Relief
In this article, you will learn about these natural herbs that have been used since the ancient times to relieve stress and anxiety. I will also provide you with the scientific evidence that shows the usefulness of these supplements to reduce anxiety and provide relief from the stress of daily living.
Relief from stress and anxiety is even more important these days as Coronavirus pandemic has raised stress and anxiety levels to new highs. According to CDC – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Symptoms of anxiety and depression increased considerably during April–June of 2020, compared with the same period in 2019.(1)
Stress of daily living wreaks havoc on our body, especially sleep,, digestive, cardiovascular, immune, and reproductive systems.(2) Consequently a person may suffer from a variety of illnesses such as insomnia, anxiety, chronic fatigue, heartburn, high blood pressure, and a weak immune system.
15 Common Symptoms of Stress:
Some of the symptoms and illnesses due to chronic stress include:
- Mental fog – lack of concentration
- Heartburn – peptic ulcer
- Diarrhea / constipation
- Menstrual irregularities
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Increased susceptibilities to infections
How to Get Relief from Stress
Obviously, we must manage our stress to stay healthy. Getting to the root cause of stress is important. Only then, you can get rid of it. In addition to stress relief techniques – yoga, meditation, exercise – stress and anxiety vitamins can be of great value to relieve stress and prevent its damaging effects on our body.
Now let us look at various herbs and vitamins that have been shown in clinical studies to help deal with the stress of daily living.
Ashwagandha – stress and anxiety relief , energy, and memory support herb
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is a Sanskrit word – ashwa is for horse and gandha means smelly. So Ashwagandha means “smelly horse,” pointing to the odor of its roots, which are used for medicinal purpose.
The botanical name of Ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. Ashwgandha is also known as “Indian gooseberry” and “Indian ginseng.”
Ashwagandha has been in used in the traditional Indian medicine since the ancient times to “rejuvenate” a stressed-out body.
Ashwagandha is potent adaptogen. What is an adaptogen? Herbs that can protect us from the damaging effects of stress are known as adaptogens.
What are the health benefits of Ashwagandha?
Potential health benefits of Ashwagandha includes:
- Adaptogen – Stress relief*
- Relief from anxiety*
- Deep sleep*
- Improvement in cognitive function*
- Better memory*
- More Energy – stamina*
Clinical Evidence for the Beneficial Effects of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha may help cope with the Stress of Daily living.
Several studies have shown that Ashwagandha may help reduce the effects of chronic stress. In one such placebo-control study, researchers investigated the efficacy as well as safety of Ashwagandha in individuals with chronic stress.(3)
Compared to the placebo group, the treatment group showed a significant reduction in the stress scores on day 60 of the study. The serum cortisol levels – stress hormone – were also substantially reduced in the treatment group, relative to the placebo group. No significant side-effects were noted.
Ashwagandha may help reduce anxiety
Several clinical studies have shown anxiety-reducing effects of Ashwagandha. In one such prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-control study, the stress and anxiety-relieving effect of Ashwagandha root extract was investigated in 60 stressed-out adults over a period of eight weeks. The researchers used two different doses of Ashwagandha – 250 mg and 600 mg per day. Stress and anxiety were assessed using the Stress Scores and the Hamilton-Anxiety (HAM-A) scale. Also sleep quality was assessed using a seven-point sleep scale. In addition, blood cortisol level was measured at baseline and at eight weeks.
At eight weeks, there was a significant reduction in Stress Scores and Anxiety scale with both doses of Ashwagandha – 250 mg/day and 600 mg/day. Blood cortisol levels were also reduced. Compared to the placebo group, the individuals receiving Ashwagandha had significant improvement in sleep quality. The researchers concluded Ashwagandha root extract was beneficial in reducing stress and anxiety.(4)
Ashwagandha may improve Cognition and Memory
Numerous studies have shown beneficial effects of Ashwagandha on cognitive functions. In an extensive critical analysis of all the published studies on Ashwagandha – also known as W. somnifera – the researchers concluded, “W. somnifera extract improved performance on cognitive tasks, executive function, attention, and reaction time. It also appears to be well tolerated, with good adherence and minimal side effects.”(5)
In Conclusion: Enough clinical evidence exists that shows Ashwagandha may help you combat stress, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, lack of concentration and decreased memory. Therefore, it should be a part of your daily stress and anxiety vitamins.
Holy Basil – stress relief , anti-inflammatory, and immune support herb
Holy basil (Tulsi) has a vast number of therapeutic applications in ancient systems of medicine including Ayurveda, Greek, Roman, Siddha and Unani. Its botanical name is Ocimum sanctum Linn.
What is Holy basil?
Holy Basil – also known as Tulsi – is a shrub indigenous to the Indian continent. It is highly revered for its medicinal uses. Its botanical name is Ocimum sanctum Linn.
What are the health benefits of Holy basil:
Potential health benefits of Holy basil includes:
- Stress Relief – adaptogen*
- Boosts Immune system*
Clinical Evidence for the Beneficial Effects of Holy Basil:
In one such placebo – control study, researchers from India gave 300 milligrams of Holy Basil or placebo per day, over 30 days. They concluded Holy Basil seems to have potential cognition-enhancing properties in humans.(6)
Recently, researchers from Australia did a systematic review of all the studies published about the therapeutic effects of Holy basil. They found a total of 24 studies which showed therapeutic effects on neuro-cognition, immunity, metabolic disorders, and cardiovascular disease. All studies reported favorable clinical outcomes. No study reported any significant adverse events.(7)
In conclusion: Holy basil appears to support better cognition, immune system, metabolism, and heart. Consider adding Holy basil to your stress and anxiety vitamins.
Rhodiola – anti stress – anxiety, energy and cognition support herb
What is Rhodiola?
Rhodiola is a plant that is native to Northern Europe. Its roots have traditionally been used for medicinal purposes.
What are the health benefits of Rhodiola?
Rhodiola has two main actions:
- It helps to normalize the release of stress hormones.
- It boosts energy production inside the cells.
Rhodiola is an adaptogen that can increase the body’s resistance to stress, exhaustion, and fatigue. It is approved by the European Medicines Agency as an adaptogen for Stress.(8)
Potential health benefits of Rhodiola includes:
- Adaptogen – helps protect against stress*
- May help with anxiety and depression*
- May boost cognitive function of the brain*
- May improve fatigue*
Clinical Evidence for the Beneficial Effects of Rhodiola
Several clinical trials have shown that Rhodiola may counter fatigue and increase the ability to concentrate in otherwise healthy individuals. It may even reduce burnout in people with chronic fatigue. It also may be helpful for people with anxiety.(8)
In conclusion: Rhodiola may help fatigue, cognition, and mood. Therefore, add Rhodiola to your stress and anxiety vitamins.
Bacopa – Stress and anxiety relief, memory, and cognition support herb
What is Bacopa?
Bacopa monnieri is a plant that has been used in traditional Indian medicine (Ayurveda) for centuries to enhance brain function. It is also known as Brahmi, and water hyssop. It grows in wet tropical environments.
What are the health benefits of Bacopa?
Potential health benefits of Bacopa includes:
- May relieve stress*
- May help anxiety*
- May improve cognition*
- May boost memory*
Clinical Evidence for the Beneficial Effects of Bacopa
Several studies have shown that Bacopa may improve cognitive function. In a super analysis of nine studies which included 518 subjects, the authors concluded that “Bacopa monnieri has the potential to improve cognition, particularly speed of attention.”(9)
In conclusion, Bacopa may help cognitive function. It should be apart of your stress and anxiety vitamins.
L. Theanine – Relaxation, focus, and deep sleep support supplement
What is L. Theanine?
L Theanine is amino acid that is found mainly in tea but also in some mushrooms. It increases the levels of neurotransmitters – nerve conduction chemicals –in the brain primarily GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid), serotonin and dopamine. It also lowers the effects of stress on the brain.
What are the health benefits of L. Theanine?
L. Theanine has calming effect on the brain – opposite to that of caffeine. It promotes relaxation but does not cause sedation. Therefore, it is great for daytime “relaxed attention” like what is achieved through meditation. It helps to induce alpha waves in the brain which is similar to the effect of meditation.
By promoting alpha waves – which are seen during deep sleep and REM sleep – L. Theanine promotes deep sleep.
Potential health benefits of Bacopa includes:
- My promote relaxed attention*
- May reduce stress and anxiety*
- May promote deep sleep*
Clinical Evidence for the Beneficial Effects of L. Theanine
In a clinical study, researchers gave L. theanine for 8-weeks in patients with depression. They concluded- “theanine administration is safe and has multiple beneficial effects on depressive symptoms, anxiety, sleep disturbance and cognitive impairments.”(10)
In conclusion, L. Theanine may help stress and anxiety and promote relaxation and deep sleep. For these reasons, L. theanine should be included in your stress and anxiety vitamins.
Lemon Balm – anti-anxiety, stress relief, and cognition support herb
What is Lemon Balm?
Also known as sweet balm, bee balm, honey plant – lemon balm is an herb in the mint family. It is used in the traditional medicine for sleep issues and digestive problems.
What are the health benefits of Rhodiola?
Potential health benefits of Lemon balm includes:
- Relief from stress and anxiety*
- May also boost cognitive function*
Clinical Evidence for the Beneficial Effects of Lemon balm
In a small study, participants were given lemon balm as additives to food. Researchers concluded “lemon balm treatments were generally associated with improvements in mood and/or cognitive performance.” (11) Consider adding Lemon balm to your stress and anxiety vitamins.
Passion flower – Anxiety and insomnia relief herb
What is Passion Flower?
Passion flowers are exotic and grow on vine in south America and the southern US. It has purple or blue petals. It has been used in the traditional medicine for medicinal purposes.
What are the health benefits of Passion flower ?
Potential health benefits of Passion flower includes:
- Calming effect on the brain through GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid)*
- May help reduce anxiety and insomnia*
Clinical Evidence for the Beneficial Effects of Passion Flower
In a study, researchers gave Passion flower to rats and found it decreased their anxiety and improved memory.(12) It makes sense to include Passion flower in your stress and anxiety vitamins.
Hawthorne – Healthy heart, blood pressure and anxiety relief herb
What is Hawthorne?
Hawthorne is thorny shrub. Its leaves, flowers and berries have been used for ages in Europe for medicinal purposes – for anxiety, weak heart and digestive problems.
What are the health benefits of Hawthorne ?
Potential health benefits of Hawthorne includes:
- May lower blood pressure*
- Tonic for the weak heart*
- May relieve anxiety*
- May Improve digestion*
Clinical Evidence for the Beneficial Effects of Hawthorne
In a clinical study, researchers found Hawthorne to be useful in reducing blood pressure and anxiety in 19 individuals.(13) Consider adding Hawthorne to your stress and anxiety vitamins.
Hops Flower – Anxiety relief, relaxation and deep sleep support herb
What is Hops Flower?
Hops is a climbing plant. Its flowers are used for medicinal purposes.
What are the health benefits of Hops?
Potential health benefits of Hops includes:
- Stress relief*
- Anxiety relief*
- Deep restful sleep*
Clinical Evidence for the Beneficial Effects of Hops Flower:
Several clinical studies show sleep-inducing effects of Hops. One such study was carried out in healthy female nurses. The participants consumed a non-alcoholic beer containing Hops for fourteen days. Results demonstrated an improvement in the quality of sleep.(14) Therefore, Hops Flower should be part of stress and anxiety vitamins.
B vitamins, Magnesium and Zinc – Stress and Anxiety vitamins
B vitamins are important for the health of the brain. A clinical study published in 2018 showed that people consuming B vitamins – rich foods were less likely to develop anxiety.(15) In another study, researchers found that vitamin B12 was low in 60% of individual with anxiety and depression. (16)
Magnesium plays a vital role in the normal functioning of the nervous system. In an article published in 2018, authors reviewed studies on magnesium and neurological disorders. They concluded there is strong data to suggest a role for magnesium in migraine headache and depression, and emerging data to suggest a protective effect of magnesium for chronic pain, anxiety, and stroke. (17)
Zinc is a mineral that is important for the normal functioning of the brain. In 2020, a clinical study showed people with the highest serum levels of Zinc were 51% less likely to suffer from depression as compared to those with the lowest levels of Zinc.(18)
A number of natural herbs and vitamins may help to relieve stress and anxiety. Enough clinical evidence exists to support the use of these stress and anxiety vitamins. *
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
For stress and anxiety relief, please read Dr. Zaidi’s book, ” Stress Cure Now”
- Chandrasekhar, Jyoti Kapoor, and Sridhar Anishetty. A Prospective, Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Safety and Efficacy of a High-Concentration Full-Spectrum Extract of AshwagandhaRoot in Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Adults. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012 Jul-Sep.
- Jaysing Salve1, Sucheta Pate 2, Khokan Debnath 3, Deepak Langade 4 Adaptogenic and Anxiolytic Effects of Ashwagandha Root Extract in Healthy Adults: A Double-blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Clinical Study. Cureus 2019 Dec 25;11(12)
- Qin Xiang Ng1 2, Wayren Loke 1, Nadine Xinhui Foo 1, Weng Jun Tan 1 2, Hwei Wuen Chan 3 4, Donovan Yutong Lim 2 4, Wee Song Yeo 3 4 A systematic review of the clinical use of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) to ameliorate cognitive dysfunction. Phytother Res. 2020 Mar;34(3):583-590
- Suneetha Sampath, S C Mahapatra, M M Padhi, Ratna Sharma, Anjana Talwar. Holy basil (Ocimum sanctum Linn.) leaf extract enhances specific cognitive parameters in healthy adult volunteers: A placebo controlled study. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. Jan-Mar 2015;59(1):69-77
- Negar Jamshidi1, Marc M Cohen. The Clinical Efficacy and Safety of Tulsi in Humans: A Systematic Review of the Literature. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med.. 2017;2017:9217567.
- Chuenjid Kongkeaw1, Piyameth Dilokthornsakul 2, Phurit Thanarangsarit 3, Nanteetip Limpeanchob 3, C Norman Scholfield 4Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-35.
- Shinsuke Hidese1, Miho Ota 1, Chisato Wakabayashi 1, Takamasa Noda 2, Hayato Ozawa 3, Tsutomu Okubo 3, Hiroshi Kunugi 1 Effects of chronic l-theanine administration in patients with major depressive disorder: an open-label study. Acta Neuropsychiatr. 2017 Apr;29(2):72-79.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food And Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.